So today was a beautiful day! I got to get some good sun for my tomato seedlings! (and for myself) I also tend to find that it’s easier to eat well when it’s nice out. I have started drinking coffee again and I’ve found that I’m more aware of when I’m getting dehydrated then I used to be. I had to drink a lot of extra water today with the coffee back in my diet.
Here’s what I ate today:
Breakfast: Blueberry spinach smoothie (prep time: 5 minutes)
Lunch: Leftovers from Easter dinner! (prep time: 5 minutes to heat up the food)
Dinner: Broccoli, onion, shiitake mushroom frittata – I love my cast iron skillet! (prep time: 40 minutes – 10 minutes to assemble, 10 on the stove, 20 minutes to bake)
Snacks: A banana with peanut butter and cinnamon, homemade granola with almond milk – recipe:
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (sometimes I use 1/2 oats 1/2 raw buckwheat groats for extra protein)
- 1 cup dried cranberries, unsweetened (or other dried fruit – Trader Joe’s sells sugar-free freeze-dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup almonds (or other nuts)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey (use maple syrup, agave nectar, or 4 scoops stevia if you need to substitute)
Combine oats, dried fruit, and almonds in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Spread mixture in a thin layer on two baking sheets. Bake in a 250 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Stir mixture and return to oven for another 15-30 minutes, or until mixture is crunchy but not burned. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Yields 12 – 1/2 cup servings.
Preparations for the week: Cooked lentils with turnips and greens for lunches for the rest of the week